CedarBridge Academy

CedarBridge Academy
CedarBridge Academy

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

IPads for All

I am in the process of creating a proposal for IPads for students, could you please give me your thoughts or relevant research on the above. Should we start with only one year group or all? Do we purchase the Ipads in bulk and have each student purchase outright or a payment plan over 3 months?  Do we need to train the teachers/students on how to use the IPad and apps? What about the infrastructure, what do we need?

2 comments:

  1. I think we should start with S1 and S2 as well as all teachers. I have not done much research as to how we would start an iPad school, however, I am sure there is some research out there that we could peruse and tweak so that it can best fit the culture here at CBA.

    Teachers will need to be trained first and we can utilize persons that are already using iPads to do the professional development.

    We should buy in bulk then pass the cost on to parents by offering 3 payment options: 1. Payment in full 2. payment in full in 90 days. or 3. 1/2 payment at the start of school and the final payment around February or March.

    I think that would benefit the majority of the family financial concerns.

    Teachers should have an option to purchase and keep their iPad if they wish to and possibly receive a discounted price. I think the whole idea is great and it would be less expensive then requiring each student to purchase a laptop.

    Stephanie Castro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, accept I think we need to start with the present S3's going into S4 - more mature and they will be able to use their Ipad2 for College. I have found quite a bit of research and did at workshop at the FETC which covered info on implementation.

    ReplyDelete